Wednesday, August 20, 2008

What It Is Like To Be A Family Of Five





I think we all have done pretty well for just having our little princess here with us for the last month. The house may not be clean but we are enjoying have our little girl. The boys still are driving us crazy wanting to be with her and hold her all the time, but I rather have that them trying to hurt her. Josh and I are very tired. We had forgotten how tired you are when you have a new baby. She is a really good sleeper she sleeps 3 to 4 hours at a time during the night which is great! We also had forgotten how many diapers you go through when you have a newborn we have gone through over two hundred diapers in just a month. That is just crazy to me! Zachary will be starting kindergarten monday and Logan is potty training. I know people think that I am crazy for potty training him right now for two reasons. One why didn't I do it sooner. He just was not ready. Two doing it with a newborn. He is really ready! He wants to do it and be a big boy and he sees he get positive attention when he does it(also lollipops which are his favorite)! So yes I am crazy but it is working for me. Josh and I celebrated our 8 year anniversary. Leah was only two weeks old so I made dinner and that was pretty much it. It has been a wonderful eight years and I am so happy to be married to such a wonderful man. Who loves me no matter what! So this is the our life as it is right now full of love,messes,and happiness,and mommy and daddy being very tired. pictures will be posted soon.

2 comments:

JJ said...

Hey, Som! You have such a wonderful, beautiful family going! I love and miss you! I am not an expert, but as far as potty training goes, most of the moms I know have said to train when the child is ready, and that some will be ready sooner than others. My roommates are potty training their son, and he is 2 1/2, but it was kind of his decision! Haha! Who knew??? Glad you are getting some sleep!!!

Karen said...

Sommer- she is soooo Beautiful! Hope that you are getting rest now that school has started again. Karen