We went to Las Vegas this last weekend and there was the good and the bad. I will start with the bad. We really did not enjoy the strip at all. Now there are probably some of you reading this and thinking how can you not like it. Well if you are not a smoker,drinker,gambler, or into porn. There really isn't much there. I hated smelling like cigarette smoke the whole time it was so gross. We also were not able to go to any shows do to time and also the day we wanted to go they didn't have showings for kids under 5 so we couldn't go with Leah. If we ever go back we will have to go to a show. I heard that some of them are really great. Anyway on to the good stuff we stay at a really nice hotel the MGM Signature Towers. They were so nice. When we got there we were told that they would be upgrading our room to a one bedroom suite. It was like having our own one bedroom apartment there. It had two bathrooms and a living room with a full kitchen (oven,stove,dishwasher,microwave,full refrigerator) Three t.v.s (even one in the bathroom.). It was so nice and comfortable. We decided to eat most of our meals there it was really nice. Leah had her first airplane ride and she did really good on the way there. On the way back it was a little harder for her because we had some delays so it took a while to get home, but all in all she was soooo good. Josh and I had a lot of fun being away from home with out all the laundry etc. We could really relax. I think it is so important as a married couple to get away with your spouse whenever possible even if it is just getting a hotel in your town. You need to be able to escape life and just be together and enjoy each other. It has been over a year since we have gone away so it was nice and much needed. Even though we had Leah she is such a good baby it was still nice. I also was able on Saturday to go to my friend Jennifer's house while Josh was at his seminar. It was so fun to reconnect with her we haven't seen each other in six years. She was so sweet to come get me from my hotel and take me back and let me spend all day with her. Her little girls were so good with Leah she really enjoyed playing with them. So all in all we had a really good time in Las Vegas.
1 comment:
I thought the same thing about Vegas the last time I went, which was when I was pregnant with Kaiyah and why I haven't been back. The smoke, the overall dirtiness of it all was a huge turnoff! It just wasn't like I remembered it the previous times I had been.
Post a Comment