Sunday, February 22, 2009

Romance in the ER


Happy Valentine's Day Logan broke his arm right before bed time on Valentine's Day. Josh and I didn't really have anything planned for Valentine's Day because we are going to be going to Las Vegas this coming weekend for a seminar so that Josh can recertify this year. So we had a fun evening with the kids. They were in their bedroom when we heard Logan crying (a hurt cry) which is rare because he usually doesn't cry unless he is really hurt. We went into the bedroom and Zachary and Logan were fighting over something and Logan fell on his arm just right. We didn't think it was broken because all Logan was saying was ow ow in a "I kind of hurt myself" voice. Being a mom and knowing Logan gets over injury's pretty fast after a few minutes he should of been fine. So Josh and his Dad took him to their office and x-rayed his arm and it was broken. So he came home and Josh and I took Logan to the ER. They put a soft cast on it and then we went back this past Tuesday for a hard cast. He only has to have it on for 4 weeks because they say at his age he will heal fast. Logan is such a trooper he hasn't even complained once. It is starting to itch now which I am sure will not be much fun. So he has his first broken bone and he is only three. I knew he would be the first child to have a broken bone I just didn't think it would be at 3.

3 comments:

Maree said...

HaHaHa! That'll teach them to fight! Zachary probably feels guilty. Handy that you had an x-ray available!

BTW, I was looking on "the old blog" just this afternoon.

Melissa said...

He was pretty proud of his red cast. I guess it is nice to get the attention, and not mind the pain.

Anonymous said...

OH Logan I am so sorry bud. I hope it gets better fast!